Tenants. 6 easy steps.
1. Finding the right property.The first step to finding the right property is to do a search on this website. However you may prefer to call us so we can discuss your property requirements. We can register your details on our database, enabling us to keep you up-to-date by email or phone when the latest properties become available.
2. Arranging a viewingIt’s as easy as picking up the phone. We can normally arrange viewings the same day and are often available during the evening and at weekends.
3. Complete an application formOnce you have decided on a property, pop into our office and complete an application form. You will be asked to put down a holding fee of £215 (£100 towards the property, £95 agency fee per person and £20 for credit checks. This increases to £315 for properties over £500 pcm. We will give you a list of the documents and references required.
4. ReferencingWe are happy to approach your landlord and employer for a reference; however you will need to provide proof of income in the form of wage slips and bank statements. We will also require proof of ID and NI number. If you are under 35 you may also require a guarantor.
5. Get approvedOnce all the referencing has been completed we will forward your application to the landlord for final agreement and then come back to you to confirm a moving in date.
6. Moving DayOn the day you will need to pop into the office to read and sign your tenancy agreement and pay any outstanding balance. Then congratulations you will be given the keys to your new home with Appletons.
Strict codes of practice
Appletons Letting is a member of The Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA), The Property Ombudsman Scheme (TPOS), the Kent Landlord Accreditation Scheme and the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS). These memberships provide landlords and tenants with an assurance that they will receive the highest level of customer service.